Job title: Accounts Clerk / Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Directly to General Manager | Indirectly to Chief Executive Officer
Summary/Objective of Job
Acting as a first point of contact for all Accounting and Administrative functions. Strongly dependable and thorough, having the ability to address multiple projects simultaneously with complete professionalism and accuracy. Whilst maintaining complete confidentiality with respect to the functions, and all business information. withe Executive Team, this extremely confidential role is responsible for providing personalized support to the Executive Management Team in a well-organized and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with all accounting related entries for each of the company's businesses.
- Assisting with all human resources functions for each of the company's businesses.
- Assisting with all inventory related functions for each of the company's businesses.
- Building, tracking and maintaining files such as, however not limited to; sales, payables, invoicing, payment tracking, payroll, and inventory related.
- Assisting and training new staff members as required by the company.
- Auditing cash and assets, stocktaking, counting money collected, and assisting to maintain all files, ensuring that all inventory and money is tracked and appropriately accounted for.
- Conveying a professional image and attitude at all times, exercising tact and diplomacy in handling a range of situations of differing content and complexity.
- Managing schedules, organising meetings and appointments; understanding the importance of key meetings, building flexibility into the schedule and anticipating needs.
- Controlling access to the Executive Team, screening incoming telephone calls, and directing them appropriately.
- Reviewing incoming correspondence, distributing, responding accordingly, and following up where necessary.
- Preparing letters, analysis reports and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite or other software as identified by the company.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients when necessary.
- Adjusting website categories, listings, descriptions and inventory levels where necessary.
- Building pitch decks when required using Microsoft Power Point or other software as identified by the company.
- Preparing documentation such as agendas and figures for meetings/presentations.
- Attending meetings and recording comprehensive minutes.
- Creating and maintaining efficient databases and filling systems.
- Providing support for other administrative tasks as requested.
- Recording and monitoring important deadlines and prompting the Executive Team where necessary.
- Handling sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Purchase, control and distribute paper, stationery, cleaning supplies and other miscellaneous items for all companies.
- Order as approved, control and distribute uniforms to all employees.
- Any other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly, confidently and in a professional manner at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use initiative and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite or related software (especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Google Analytics.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar environment.
- At least 5 CXCs including English A and Mathematics.
- Valid Police Certificate of Character.
- 2 written character references.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, and hours of work and days are further defined in the Contract of Employment.
This position operates mainly in a professional office environment. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
This Job Description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.