Job title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Warehouse Manager | Executive Team
Summary/Objective of Job
The Sales Representative plays a pivotal role as the primary point of contact between the Company and its
valued Clients/Customers. This position requires the ability to establish and maintain lasting relationships
with Clients/Customers, provide tailored products and services that cater to their individual needs, identify
new markets and potential leads, and ultimately expand the Client/Customer base. The Sales
Representative is a crucial member of the sales team responsible for driving growth and contributing to the
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of our product and service offerings and articulate their value proposition effectively to prospective clients.
- Research and prospect new business opportunities, utilizing a variety of techniques, including networking and market analysis.
- Achieve and surpass sales targets by fostering relationships with new clients and ensuring the satisfaction and loyalty of existing ones.
- Deliver compelling presentations and proposals to potential clients, employing an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing and customer success, to maximize the potential of our sales pipeline.
- Monitor competition by gathering marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Conduct all business in accordance with Company policy, procedures, and standards, demonstrating a high degree of ethical and professional behavior.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with Clients/Customers by anticipating their needs and providing relevant recommendations.
- Provide hands-on assistance with merchandise displays for wholesale customers as needed.
- Service existing Clients/Customers, obtaining orders, and submitting them to the Warehouse in a timely manner to ensure efficient delivery times.
- Keep Management informed by submitting activity and results reports, while notifying them of any potential barriers, challenges, or customer concerns/complaints.
- Resolve Client/Customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to Management where necessary.
- Recommend changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Provide feedback from Distribution customers.
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales, communication, and product knowledge training.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in computer skills and sales software
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think on their feet
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt to changes in the industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Self-confidence, high integrity, ethical conduct and a 'can do' attitude.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Task oriented, organized, neat, tidy, professional and efficient.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- General knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health
Education & Experience
- 2 - 3 years of experience within a sales management or related field.
- BSc. in Sales & Marketing (preferred).
- Track record of building a strong Customer base and lasting relationships.
- Valid driver's license.
- A current police certificate of character and 2 written references.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are further defined in the Contract of Employment.
Typically operates in an office environment and often involves vehicular travel to meet with customers or occasional make deliveries.
This Job Description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.